Monday, October 28, 2013

Thrush


I'm pretty sure I have it. Nursing on my right side hurts like heck. Burning and stinging horribly while she nurses. Pain and discomfort even when she's not latched on. She's been wonderfully gassy lately which apparently can sometimes be caused by yeast in her system. I tried removing dairy from my diet and it really did nothing to change that aspect. Her extreme fussiness she had a couple of nights seems to have just been a phase I would just rather never experience again. I'm sure I won't get that lucky. 

Fact is, my boob hurts. Nursing hurts. But we do it anyway. But as a result of all of this, I present these pictures. 



The purpleishness of her face is surprisingly unnoticeable in that last shot. But you can see the wonders of gentian violet in the first 2 (the first being last night after she ate for the first time after I applied the gentian violet. The second is this morning.)

I applied the gentian violet last night. I need to get some fresh as what we have lying around expired 2 years ago. Oops. I'm also applying monistat cream after pretty much every feeding. Hoping it helps. And sooner rather than later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment