Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Pregnant!

I'm currently almost 6 weeks along with our first child.

Joseph and I have been married for just over a year (married 12.17.2011), and we will have been together 3 years in April (April 17). I'm going into my last semester of college, and I will be graduating in May with a Bachelor's in Anthropology with a minor in Writing (if any of you have any brilliant job ideas, or places I should apply...totally leave a comment). We have several fur-babies, all cats, including my oldest, Chen Le (born 2004), Abby (born 2009), and Harley (Joseph's baby- born 2010).

I have a younger sister adopted from China, Reese. We adopted her in May 2007. My parents are currently in the process of adopting another little girl from China, Ana-Cherie. The hope is to travel in late May or June.

I thought I had (another) kidney stone for the better part of a week, starting on the 21st of December. I had a kidney stone in December of 2008, so it wasn't much of a stretch for that to be what it was. Finally on Dec 27/28, we went to the ER and spent 8 or so hours there (10 pm-6 am). After an ultrasound and a urine blood test and a blood test, I was confirmed by the medical community to be pregnant, and saw my little black blob for the first time. That's really all it was at 5 weeks 1-ish day. However, we did find out that it isn't a kidney stone causing my pain, but an ovarian cyst. One that is about 6 cm big according to my ER reports. Yeah, no wonder it hurts. Hoping it will go down on its own and just leave me alone.

My first prenatal appointment is on Thursday, Jan 3. Not sure what to expect, but I guess I'll find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment