Sunday, January 13, 2013

I Think Morning Sickness Has Hit

And I keep trying to tell myself that this just means things are going well, that I'm producing good amounts of hormones and all. I get up in the morning, pop a Zofran, and eat something to try to soothe the hungry and nauseous monster that is my stomach. Fortunately, I've only been nauseous, no actually throwing up, but it is unpleasant nonetheless. It's been aggravating enough during break time, but school starts back up tomorrow, so here's to hoping it stays mild. I really don't want to be that girl who throws up in the garbage can at the back of the room in Senior Seminar. Really don't. It's also my last semester, I graduate this May. There's something incredibly reassuring about that, knowing that I don't have to go back in the fall (like I would, I'm due August 28).

Another 11 days til my next appointment...I really hope we can see the heartbeat. I'll be about 9 weeks along then, so hopefully.

In the meantime, I bounce between absolutely nothing looking appealing and eating a ton of what does. So I have days where I eat something quite well, and other days where nothing but that facsimile of Kobe onion soup sounds like it would even stay down. Having this cold or whatever it is (ran a fever for about 36 hours, nasal and chest congestion, cough, general miserableness) probably hasn't helped my appetite any. Invested in some unisom and B6 today (suggestion from my dr for night time nausea) and some encapsulated ginger for general usage. Hopefully those will help too.

Also, my cyst seems to have ceased its pain-causing, which I am incredibly grateful for. We're still being careful and all, but I think with the fact that the pain has apparently stopped, we're good. So glad to be done with that. Glad it was there to do what it did, but man, did it hurt. 

And now I steal this photo from bounty.com to show roughly what my blueberry-sized little one looks like. The baby's little limbs apparently resemble very teeny tiny ping-pong paddles more or less.

No comments:

Post a Comment