Thursday, January 3, 2013

First Dr Visit

I'm sitting in the lab right now waiting for the hour to be over since I drank a styrofoam cup full of some red liquid that would make a hummingbird sing for an early diabetes test, courtesy of my dad having diabetes (juvenile) and my sister having had gestational diabetes which eventually became just diabetes. Also waiting for other blood to be drawn for other tests (hep b and syphilis- standard procedure, plus who knows what else?).

Visited with the nurse practitioner. Went over medicines I take, medicines I can take, medicines I shouldn't. Someone else has to scoop the kitty litter for a while. The 6th urine pregnancy test says, yes, I'm pregnant. 6 weeks 1 day, based off of my last period. I go back in 3 weeks for an ultrasound where I should get to hear a heartbeat. :) Until then, no news is good news.

As far as my cyst, Dr B says it's a corpus luteum cyst. Produces progesterone to sustain the pregnancy until the placenta takes over that job at about 9 wks. Unlikely to rupture, but I have to avoid rough sports and such, not that I play any anyway. Should start going down at about 9 wks.

Everything seems to be progressing normally. No morning sickness, but I still have a week or so to go before that necessarily kicks in. That's one bullet I'm hoping to dodge. My boobs hurt. Normal pregnancy stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment