Sunday, December 22, 2013

Thirty Seconds To Mars

Thirty Seconds to Mars is my favorite band. When I found out they were going to be in Tulsa (about 4 hrs away)- the day after my 23rd birthday nonetheless- I was ecstatic. I saw my first concert of their's in Brady Theater on April 13, 2010, the day after my now-husband asked me out and 4 days before our first date (April 17). I introduced Joseph to 30STM, and he is a fan now too. I was so thrilled. Happy birthday to me!

I bought Joseph and I each a ticket, and I arranged for my mom to accompany us to Tulsa and watch Saoirse during the show. Well, an ice storm was headed for Tulsa, so there were major concerns. Would the show happen? Could we even get there between snow, ice, and flooding here in Arkansas? And then Joseph woke up sick the day of, so he stayed home. Mom and I trekked out with Saoirse, deciding if it was too bad anywhere we'd turn back. 

On the way there, we decided Mom could just go in to with Saoirse, so the ticket wouldn't be wasted. I had Joseph's noise canceling headphones for her. We made to Tulsa with no problems. There was ice on trees and all, but we made it safely. We went and ate at Mexicali nearby, so we didn't sit through the first 2 acts. Great food and good service there. I definitely recommend it. 

We went in after dinner and hung out in the lobby until the act was over and we went to find our seats. I bought some MARS pins and we attached them to Saoirse's hat. 

We hung out in there until the next act started and we put the headphones on her. She didn't care for them so Mom took her out to the lobby. You can still hear but it's at a more normal volume. 

Mom and Saoirse hung out at the merchandise table and Saoirse fell asleep. Mom came back in after the act just before 30 Seconds to Mars and we all hung out in our chairs. Saoirse got so many compliments about how cute she is and how awesome it was that she was there. 30STM started so we put the headphones on her and she was okay through "Birth" and part of "Night of the Hunter", then she decided she didn't dig the headphones so Mom took her back to the lobby. 

Asleep on Cheerio with headphones

So she got to hear her favorite band (I listened to 30STM all the time while I was pregnant, and I listened to them while I was in labor. She still likes to listen to them. She likes "City of Angels".) live at volumes okay for a baby, either in the lobby or with nearly $200 noise canceling headphones. Her hearing was protected. 

It was an amazing show. I got some good videos and all. And I GOT PICKED FROM THE AUDIENCE TO GO ON STAGE FOR "UP IN THE AIR"!!!!! Such a story to tell Saoirse about her first concert. My Mom got her to leave the headphones on so that they could see me on stage. 

((Seen in between those arms the arrow is pointing at. The little light pink blob is Saoirse.))

Those headphones just make those cheeks look even chubbier. 

It was an amazing night and really awesome. Saoirse was really good about being in her car seat, which she dislikes, for so much time in one day. She slept most of the way to Tulsa, with a couple stops to breastfeed, but by the time we made it to Sallisaw, OK, on the way home, she was done. She was bored and tired of being in the car seat. So we talked from Sallisaw to Russellville. She had a lot to coo about after such a concert so we talked which entertained her. We stopped and let her eat in Russellville and then she fell asleep from there til home. We kept her home today as I think she'd had enough car seat action for 24 hrs. 

Here's some pics of the show

Me on stage 

No comments:

Post a Comment