Tuesday, August 20, 2013

39 weeks (almost)

I keep meaning to get on here and post and it just doesn't happen. The ultrasound at 37 weeks showed Saoirse head down and everything looked good. We even got a squished face mug shot. At 38 weeks 2 days, I had my first cervical check. 2 cm dilated, 50% effaced. And we continue waiting.

I'll be honest, I'm ready to finish this. I'm tired, I feel blah, and I think my body is saying it's time to only have to provide blood and oxygen to one person again. Now, my body just needs to get my uterus on board. I want the amount of clearance my brain thinks I need and the amount of clearance my stomach actually does need to be a bit closer. I want to sleep on my stomach again. I go to bed super tired and yet I'm horribly restless. My feet swell, and if something falls on the floor, more likely than not, it is staying there until I can find someone else to get it. Because bending over sucks. I'm more irritable than normal, which is just annoying in general. I can't wait to meet her, and I hate to whine, but it's my blog and a little whining seems warranted and acceptable at this point. I want to be able to show off her little self.

Based off of the ultrasound, they're guessing she'll be between 7-1/2 and 8 lbs at birth. Guess we'll find out. I'll leave you with her mug shot and me at 38 weeks.



No comments:

Post a Comment